Eagle Harbor Lighthouse was originally built in 1851. The wooden tower which housed a fourth-order Fresnel lens was illuminated with a sperm oil lamp soon deteriorated, and in 1871 it was replaced by the present brick structure. A fog signal was added in 1895
In 1968, the original lens was replaced by aviation beacon-type white and red lights, which could be seen more than 20 miles offshore. the lighthouse became automated in 1980.
Eagle HarborKeweenaw PeninsulaLight house